BECOME A MLB60 STUDENT CAPTAIN:
Would you like the chance to represent and help grow Major League Baseball’s new sport MLB60 at your university?
Are you a social butterfly, interested in sports and meeting new people? Major League Baseball are on the look-out for well-connected, enthusiastic and influential students who are super passionate about getting outside, playing sport, and building new communities, to help drive awareness of their new social sport, MLB60 at your university across 2021.
As part of the team you will be given the opportunity to be the MLB60 Captain at your university, gain invaluable career skills and build your own network of passionate players to take part in a variety of fun & exciting digital and on-the-ground (when possible) engagements throughout the term.
As Captain, you’ll be able to make this new community sport completely your own. There will be fun, virtual engagements / games to be a part of, access to MLB fitness coaching and plenty of spot prizes for you and your community to win throughout the term! It’s a chance to build a community, stay engaged and have some fun in the current climate!
AS A MLB60 STUDENT CAPTAIN YOU WILL:
- Have connections across campus and be an influential member of societies and/ or sports teams
- Be interested in sport, having fun and making new friends
- Be confident to try something new and be the ‘first’ in something
- Be passionate about success and adding value – this role will be yours to really own and impress us with
- Be a social butterfly with strong communication skills
- Know your university network inside-out
- Be able to ‘sell ice to an Eskimo’ – a major part of your role will be getting students to take part in the ‘Move with MLB60’ campaign, so this means we’re looking for students with top chat and influence
- Representing Major League Baseball and MLB60 online, continuously creating awareness of the sport
- Growing a MLB60 network and build a team of passionate players who participate in lots of fun digital activities throughout the term
- Helping to run the official MLB60 social channels at your university and posting about key MLB60 digital events
- Making MLB60 relevant and front of mind to students looking for a new sport
- Growing engagement amongst students with MLB60 at your university
YOUR REWARDS INCLUDE:
- A fantastic termly pay package
- Flexible hours – up to 6-8 hours a week and a full MLB60 Captain uniform
- Gain amazing work experience as a Student Captain working for a giant global brand - Major League Baseball which will look great on your CV!
- Weekly cash incentives for top performing Captains and the joy of helping to grow a brand-new sport
- Exclusive access to MLB news, merchandise and access to Major League Baseball’s Home Run Derby Event in June 2021
- The best of the best Captains will get the opportunity to interview for internships/graduate scheme roles with Seed Marketing and other Seed clients
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to a phone interview with one of the Seed team.
Our chosen MLB60 Captain for the year will be invited to a virtual training experience to ensure you are up to date on everything MLB60 before starting the role (the date for this virtual training is currently TBC) in w/c 25th of January or 1st February before starting the role.
Full training call details will be confirmed upon accepting the role, but all successful applicants must be available to attend the MLB60 Training Call.
At the moment, we are only recruiting for students from:
- University of Kent
- Loughborough University
- University of Nottingham
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Southampton
- University of Surrey
- University of York
Seed is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (“Protected Characteristics”).